» You could visit Schwarzwald this summer ...
If you ever dreamed of visiting a forest, that you imagined only when reading a story book for kids, then Schwarzwald is the best occasion. The place is very friendly and isolated in the same time with gentle hills, mountain ridges, steep embankments that surprise the tourist with a beautiful landscape of crystalline lakes, welcoming traditional villages and farms.
When you get tired of exploring this amazing place you can easily relax on a luxury spa that will make you understand why this area is called the "summer capital of Europe".
The journey starts from Baden-Baden; international flights arrive in Frankfurt just 170 km. You will feel very good exploring the country by train or bus but a car rental is the best choice.
» Things to do during the journey:
• when you arrive in Baden-Baden you can spend some time here to explore this amazing resort; visit the historic center, try a luxury spa at Kurhaus and if you are a fan play some casino,
• after you start the journey thought the forest you will cross nice villages like: Baiersbronn, Freudenstadt, Gutach, Staufen, Todtnau, Todtmoos
• make a trip to Hanglock-Wasserfall near Todtnau, one of the most beautiful waterfalls from the Black Forest,
• visit the open air museum at Gutach to learn more about the history of this area,
• try swimming and other nautical sports at Titisee or Schluchsee lakes,
• spend one day at Europa-Park, a theme park that offers a good time for children and adults too,
• enjoy the ofers of a city spa: Bad Durrheim, Bad Herrenalb or Bad Liebenzell
» Tips for travel:
• try the excellent cookie Schwarzwalder kirschtorte,
• don't drink too much Kirschwasser, it can be very strong,
• buy some souvenirs, they are worked very well done, better than what you can buy from a normal shop.
• book the holiday accommodation and flights ealry for the best offers in 2013
» You could try something different ...
• Peak District - is situated in central and northern England, lying mainly in northern Derbyshire and covering parts from Cheshire, Staffordshire, Greater Manchester and West Yorkshire. If you travel in the summer season you can explore caves and do climbing in a natural and charming landscape. It is a great option for an active vacation.
• New Forest - an ancient forest with a rich flora and fauna. The journey gives opportunity to see hawks, reptiles, and deer and to explore the flora. So book flights to UK, travel south to Southampton and explore this wonderful national park. You can also take your kids in this holiday.